1. Education

Kenneth Beare

Template for Lesson Plans

By April 10, 2006

This guide provides a look at the standard lesson plan format commonly used in most ESL / EFL classroom settings. There are a number of thoughts on how the lesson plan format can be adapted to various teaching techniques and, most importantly, be used to keep the focus on student centered learning.

Comments

April 18, 2006 at 4:57 pm
(1) Coral says:

This a basic lesson plan that I think is used everywhere although the headings can be labeled differently depending where you teaching. Another thing that might be helpful to add is a content and language objective that keeps the students and teacher on track. It is also good to be able to look back and say did we meet our objective for the day, week, etc. I really like the resources you have! THANKS!

April 27, 2006 at 6:15 am
(2) nafisa says:

I have short comment,Since I would start this lesson for Internet really,I improved my knowledge of english.Thanks about.com. Especially Kenneth Beare,who was my guide to english language.

before about.com I can’t speak but now I can speak up to every body.

my experience of speaking now is excellent,but I need writing skillis.

Thanks all of you and all programs of about.com

best regards
Nafisa

December 3, 2008 at 12:15 pm
(3) Kirk says:

Thanks… i am a student of the Philippine Normal University Majoring in speech and theatre arts and i think that this is a very nice source of information about teaching ESL. Godspeed…

April 28, 2009 at 12:21 pm
(4) Diana says:

My concern about this format is it doesn’t structure in consistently tapping into students’ background knowledge.

September 30, 2009 at 1:08 pm
(5) p v rao says:

Lesson plan is essential in “Teaching Learning Process”. It helps not only the teacher but also the student. The basic lesson plan given helps to learn languages and helps the students, teachers.

October 22, 2009 at 8:26 am
(6) Loy74 says:

But in practice, the elegance, economy, and conceptual necessity claimed for Minimalism turn out not to be so obvious. ,

October 23, 2009 at 7:12 am
(7) Barbara94 says:

Image credit: if you own the copyright on the image, please get in touch using comments. ,

March 15, 2010 at 3:20 am
(8) Hepo says:

Where is this so called guide? all this page is is a paragraph followed by comments! USELESS!!