1. Education

Kenneth Beare

How to Give Advice, Make Complaints and More

By December 30, 2010

These standard phrases are useful in a variety of common situations in everyday life. Each phrase resource also includes a follow-up quiz to check your understanding.

Contrasting Ideas - Contrasting Ideas Quiz
Making Complaints - Making Complaints Quiz
Asking for Information - Asking for Information Quiz
Giving Advice - Giving Advice Quiz
Guessing - Guessing Quiz
Being Imprecise or Vague - Being Imprecise or Vague Quiz

Comments

July 31, 2007 at 12:14 pm
(1) Eric Roth says:

Thank you for creating and sharing these practical, smart, and nuanced examples of useful English phrases. Your selections will assist both high-intermediate and advanced ESL students and teachers. I especially appreciate the way that you went beyond the obvious examples and chose more modern and sophisticated phrases that students will actually encounter at work and in social situations. Keep it up!

August 1, 2007 at 8:47 pm
(2) linda says:

Dear Kenneth,

This is a fantastic practical ESL guiding resource. The best I had ever seen. Thank you so much for your wise input. I love your work!!!

Thank you!

August 2, 2007 at 5:57 am
(3) Patrick Cosgrove says:

Thank you, Kenneth, for the excellent examples and follow-up quizzes; I have found all of them to be up-to-date and a very comprehensive approach to modern English which my students certainly appreciate! I am consistently impressed with your methods.

December 9, 2007 at 5:59 am
(4) Genni Gomes says:

The material displayed here is fantastic.It covers a large possibility of situations faced by students.Thank you Kenneth.

June 10, 2008 at 11:59 am
(5) Jordy Paredes says:

Thank you very much for your exercises. They are always an inspiration for my classes.
I think they are awesome!!

June 10, 2008 at 4:14 pm
(6) carlos alcantara says:

I want a give u thaks, becouse I beging to study for this way and I apreciate u work. thanks kennet

February 24, 2009 at 9:39 am
(7) Natalja Shalajeva says:

Dear Kenneth,
Thank you very much for your desire to help teachers and students to know English better.I have been using your materials for 7 years and all the time I can find a lot of interesting, wise ideas.Keep giving us smart ideas.

February 24, 2009 at 1:31 pm
(8) Yasen says:

February 24, 2009 at 11:05 pm
(9) bandaa says:

thank so much your prases activities.i think it is the best way to improve students all the skills.

from bandaa. srilanka

February 25, 2009 at 4:46 am
(10) altaf says:

Kenneth must be thanked for all the useful material I got through mail.Phrases of diageeing and the complaints are quite useful.
You really made easy for learners to improve
the knowledge in English.The moment I receive
your mail,I start working on the exercises with a good hope of improving my English. Can you tell how long will it take to write and speak well working your lessons
altaf

February 25, 2009 at 9:03 am
(11) Avni Dragobuzhda says:

Thank you Keneth. You are help me to understand and leran new things in English language.

Avni from Kosovo

February 26, 2009 at 3:13 am
(12) bamdaa says:

hai dear

you are the only teacher that i found all over the my life.The material displayed here is fantastic.It covers a large possibility of situations faced by students.Thank you Kenneth

from bandaa.e mail.disanayakan@yahoo.com

March 1, 2009 at 4:13 pm
(13) ABDELALI Hadrouni says:

Hi Mr Kenneth . I would like to express my big thanks and ratitude for your help to learn more grammar functions .Thanks to you, I find easy to prepare my lessons plans.

March 1, 2009 at 4:17 pm
(14) Abdelali Hadrouni says:

Hi Mr Kenneth . I would like to express my big thanks and gatitude for your help to learn more grammar functions .Thanks to you, I find easy to prepare my lessons plans.
Abdelali Hadrouni , Morocco

March 6, 2009 at 9:51 am
(15) allal arroud says:

Candid thanks to you sir for sharing your treasures with me .I do highly appreciate what you do .Once more your tips are of a great help and they are making it quiet exciting to give more . Arroud from Morrocco Ouled Teima city
best regards

January 12, 2010 at 8:42 am
(16) farah adeec says:

Mr Kenneth thank a lot please keep this help up

January 12, 2010 at 8:48 am
(17) Maria Quevedo says:

Dear Keneth Thank You very much for your great help in different ways in Iglesh it help me a lot for my work.

God bless you,
Maria

December 31, 2010 at 9:14 am
(18) jintana says:

Thank you very much, Kenneth, for the excellent English Lesson and I follow-up quizzes; I have found all of them to be
useful.I recommend your website to my friends.

November 19, 2011 at 4:08 am
(19) hany mahmoud SVU says:

thank you mr Kenneth, but i really want the more , and some topics were nt dealt as it must.
really, i got it.