1. Education

Kenneth Beare

Pracitce Prepositional Phrases

By April 29, 2011

Many students are under the impression that the test will be difficult.

Under the impression is an example of a prepositional phrase. Improve your knowledge of some of the most important and common combinations of prepositions used in English. These phrases are in standard usage and can not be altered. They are used to connect, explain and show the relationship between ideas and things.

Prepositional Phrase Reference Sheet
Prepositional Phrase Quiz - 1
Prepositional Phrase Quiz - 2
Prepositional Phrase Quiz - 3

Comments

April 15, 2008 at 9:41 pm
(1) Ines Almeida says:

Excellent!!!
I worked today (15/04/08)with my students from the 3rd year high school and they really liked doing the quizzes. It’s an easy and catchy way of learning!!!

June 25, 2009 at 3:39 am
(2) Don says:

Hi there, i got a question about the Prepositional Phrase Quiz – 2. Here it is Q: _____ he finishes the projections, we’ll have done the necessary research to complete the project.

I do not ask for the answer but to the statement which says (we’ll have done the necessary research to complete the project.). Isn’t it supposed to be We’d have done instead of we’ll have done ??

Please explain.
Thanks a lot

July 1, 2009 at 12:36 pm
(3) Ken Beare says:

In this case we are referring to a future time and therefore use the future perfect tense (will have done). ‘We’d have done’ is used in the past conditional form and refers to a past moment in time.

January 19, 2010 at 4:43 pm
(4) Ahmed Alioui says:

Thanks lots for your great efforts. My students like the quizzes very much.

January 26, 2010 at 9:57 am
(5) ernesto says:

hi! could you tell me some axamples about how use will have done and will would done, i dont undertand so mucho. thanks

January 26, 2010 at 10:04 am
(6) ernesto says:

hello!
could someone gime a link where i can find some idioms, please?

January 27, 2010 at 5:32 am
(7) altaf says:

It was a good experience to do all the three exercises in a single stroke. I could manage to good excellent rating. But my concern is on using the preposition while writing a sentence.It’s confusing

February 6, 2010 at 1:42 pm
(8) hanafi says:

hello!
i just want to ask, what is ‘d’ at the back of the word we’d in the phrase ‘we’d have done the projections’ ??

thanks alot. =)

May 1, 2011 at 9:00 am
(9) English-for-fun says:

Well, I think that the best way to learn english is to be surrounded by people who speak english fluently. I know that there’re more ways to learn this difficult language and all of because the fact that’s an international language and most commonly used all the times in the uk and in the United States, The biggest joke that i have ever heard is that spanish is more difficult than english but i think different. So kenneth my friend, I love English and i will confirm and accomplish all what can i do to study this language. I don’t know what’s your pronunciation But don’t get so mad if you actually wrong in some things. I can learn english by listening to news and reading many books that i can. Good lucke and great idea for about.com to study english online.