Translate an entire page keeping images and links or any text you enter. The quality of the translation is not always perfect. However, these translations are useful for general understanding.
Time Required: Five Minutes
- Highlight the text you want to translate, or use CTRL + A - or 'Select All' from the drop down menu 'Edit' to select the entire text.
- Copy the text by pressing CTRL + C - or 'Copy' from the drop down menu 'Edit'
- If you want to translate an Internet page, copy (CTRL + C) the address from the address window.
- Go to http://babelfish.altavista.com
- Copy the text, or Internet address (URL) into the large window using CTRL + V - or 'Paste' from the drop down menu 'Edit'
- Choose the language you want to translate into from the drop down list titled 'Translate from' (for example: English to French)
- Wait for the text or page to be translated.
- Use translation as rough draft for documents
- Use translated text as an exercise to improve your English by translating your language into English and then checking for mistakes.
- Make list of new vocabulary words to learn in your language and then translate - save lots of time!
What You Need
- URL or Text to Translate