Choose the correct word to fill in the gap
- If she ___________ about his financial situation, she would have helped him out.
A) knew    B) had been knowing    C) had known    D) have known
- I'll ______________ their cat while they are away on holiday.
A) be looking into    B) be looking at    C) be looking after    D) be looking over
- He made his children ______ their homework every afternoon.
A) do    B) to do    C) studied    D) to study
- The test was ____ difficult she had problems finishing it on time.
A) such    B) a    C) as    D) so
- By the time she arrives, we ________________ our homework.
A) finish    B) will have finished    C) will finish    D) were finished
- She _________________ lunch by the time we arrived.
A) had finished    B) finished    C) have finished    D) finishing
- The sun ______ at 9 last night.
A) sat    B) setted    C) set    D) was setting
- When I stopped __________ to Mary, she was picking some flowers in her garden.
A) speaking    B) speak    C) to stop    D) spoke
- Despite ______________ hard, he failed the exam.
A) he studied    B) he has studied    C) studying    D) study
- That room _______________ for a meeting today.
A) is used B) is being used    C) used    D) is using
- We ____________ tennis every day when we were young.
A) use to play    B) would play    C) were playing    D) were used to play
- If I __________ you, I would wait a while to begin investing.
A) was    B) am    C) were    D) would be
- He'll give you a call as soon as he __________.
A) will arrive    B) arrives    C) is arriving    D) is going to arrive.