Check your answers on the next page.
Conditional 3 Worksheet 1
Conjugate the verb in parentheses in the correct tense used in the third conditional.
- If they had had the time, they would have attended the meeting.
- Jason would have recognized the winner if he had been told.
- If I had known his name, I would have said hello.
- If the president had been informed in time, he would have made a different decision.
- If Mary had tried again, she would have been successful.
- The children wouldn't have been so upset if they had been given the candy.
- If Jerry had spent more money on the repair work, it would have worked well.
- We would have believed them if they had told us the story.
- She would have finished the report on time if she had known all the facts.
- If we hadn't bought that car, we wouldn't have gone on vacation.
Conditional 3 Worksheet 2
Conjugate the verb in parentheses in the correct tense used in the third conditional, or sentence with 'wish'.
- She wishes she had known about the problems.
- If they had asked the right questions, they would have received the right answers.
- She wouldn't have been allowed to speak if she had disagreed with his point of view.
- I wish they had thought twice before doing that.
- We wish we had known about those people.
- Alice wouldn't have spoken to him if she had been asked ahead of time.
- They wouldn't have thought twice about dinner if they had asked to help out with preparation.
- She wishes she had applied for the bank position.
- If I had invested in Apple, I would have become a millionaire!
- Oliver wouldn't have known the answer if you had asked him.