Basic English conversations help beginning learners build basic English skills. Each conversation group includes a few short conversations introducing basic English phrases. These short dialogues are ideal as models for beginners to begin speaking English.
If you are a beginning level English learner. Find a friend and practice these role plays together. After you practice, use the key vocabulary provided at the end of each role play to write and practice your own conversations. Teachers can print these short role plays for use in class. Here are a few suggestions for using these basic English conversation lessons and activities.
- Ask students about their experiences in the situation featured in the dialogue. Solicit important phrases, grammar structures, etc. from the students and write on the board.
- Introduce new vocabulary and key phrases to students.
- Pass out printed dialogue to students.
- Have each student take on a role and practice the dialogues in pairs. Students should take on both roles.
- Based on the dialogue, ask students to write out their own related conversations using key vocabulary.
- Have students practice their own dialogues to the point where they can "perform" their own short conversations in front of the rest of the class.