"Give" usually means that you take something and give to another person, "take" usually means the opposite. However, there are many cases in which the difference between "Give", or "Take" is not so clear.
Decide between "give" or "take". Make sure to carefully decide which form of the verb is required as sometimes the verb needs to be conjugated or put in the infinitive or gerund form.
- Make sure that you are well prepared and never _____ unnecessary risks.
- Work is so stressful! I've decided to _____ some time off to relax.
- The referee called a foul and _____ the player a warning.
- Could you _____ this essay a quick glance and tell me what you think?
- Why don't we _____ a walk?
- My Italian relatives _____ me a warm welcome when I arrived in Sindia.
- It's always a good idea _____ responsibility for your actions.
- Don't rush! Slow down and _____ your time, we don't need to have the report until next week.
- Listening to all her gossip has _____ me a headache!
- He took some wonderful pictures of Maui on his last holiday.
Check your answers to this quiz on the next page (answers page).