"Give" usually means that you take something and give to another person, "take" usually means the opposite. However, there are many cases in which the difference between "Give or Take" is not so clear.
Decide between "give" or "take". Make sure to carefully decide which form of the verb is required as sometimes the verb needs to be conjugated or put in the infinitive or gerund form.
- She _____ offence at his saying she was lazy.
- The professor _____ an interesting talk on bird migration.
- My boss _____ me a raise after just four months on the job!
- Jack is studying hard. He is going to _____ an exam next week.
- Katherine wasn't feeling very well so I _____ her temperature.
- She was so happy to see him again that she _____ him a big hug.
- I'll see you next summer. _____ care and write often!
- How about _____ a break for five minutes?
- She was thankful for all the help they had _____ her.
- If you don't mind, I'd like to _____ you some advice: Stay away from Stephen.
Check your answers to this quiz on the next page (answers page).