The Bottom Line
- Useful are the grammar reference sections that allow students to review appropriate grammar.
- Number of essays that focus on the target area and include specific grammar referral sheets.
- The companion book to Easy Writer is full of grammar explanations, examples and activities.
- On the expensive side
- Easy Writer © software is ideal for high school and college ESL, and highly motivated individuals.
- Program provides learning through reading, correction and grammar reference.
- Learning grammar is highly interactive, and involves a number of language skills.
- Additional workbook provides extended opportunities to practice essay and grammar skills.
- Workbook also provides a wide range of grammar reference resources.
Guide Review - Grammar, Editing, and Writing Software / Student Handbook
By combining the grammar learning experience with tales by students from around the world, Easy Writer© offers a global perspective on the English learning process while, at the same time, focusing on problem areas that repeatedly occur for ESL learners. This process is appealing, as it does not seem to be top-down (teacher-student), but rather a community of ESL learners working towards improving their written communication skills.
The only reservation I have about the program is that students using the program on their own would have to be rather knowledgeable as far as grammatical terminology is concerned.