Use a, an, the or nothing. After finishing the quiz, check your answers on the following page.
Example: My friend is ____ fireman. Let's ask him for ____ help.
Answer: My friend is a fireman. Let's ask him for help.
- There was ____ sound in ____ living room.
- Tom said he was _____ employee at _____ fast food restaurant. _____ restaurant is at _____ shopping mall.
- Jack Anderson was caught holding _____ match at _____ time of _____ fire.
- She replied in _____ surprise that _____ question was much too difficult.
- I'm afraid I can't remember _____ exact date of _____ show. But I do know that I bought them in _____ shop on Broadway.
- She's staying at _____ hotel in _____ small town in Colorado. _____ town is near _____ Denver.
- _____ children went to _____ film yesterday afternoon. They enjoyed it _____ lot.
- I'm afraid _____ answer is 'no'. Come back when you can make _____ new proposal.
- _____ fruit is usually sold by _____ pound. However, _____ exotic fruit is sometimes sold by _____ piece.
- He got _____ job in _____ best company in town.
Don't understand? Take a look at the guide to the use of articles in English.