Take this intensifying adjectives quiz now that you have studied proper collocations and intensifying adjectives for non-physical nouns. Click on the arrow to check your answer. Choose from the following adjectives:
- He has a _____ understanding of Greek culture.
- She was in _____ despair at the though of loosing him.
- Unfortunately, Tom was a _____ drinker.
- The lawyer went into _____ detail as he explained the case to the judge.
- Mary has a _____ opinion of her brother.
- I came home, got into bed and immediately fell into a deep sleep.
- Jack is a _____ spender. He loves to take his friends out to dinner.
- Don't listen to him. He's an _____ idiot.
- There was a _____ scale earthquake in San Francisco last weekend.
- I must admit that last weekend was a _____ disappointment.
- The _____ cost of energy in the area has led to limited use of the air conditioner.
- When I walked into the room Peter was in _____ thought.
- She explained her situation in _____ detail.
- I was in _____ bliss when I heard the news.
- I'm sorry I'm late. There was _____ traffic.
- A _____ proportion of students live in the dormitory.
If you found this quiz too difficult, use this page that focuses on using intensifying adjectives