- My friend Rich is coming to town next week. Have you ever met my him?
- No, I haven't.
- He's kind of crazy, but a great guy.
- Yeah, why do you say so? What's he like?
- He's really hard working, but very much a loner. He's pretty talented and can do just about anything.
- Sounds interesting. Is he married?
- No, he isn't.
- What does he look like? Maybe my friend Alice would be interested in meeting him.
- He's tall, slim and quite good looking. I'm sure your friend would find him attractive. What's she like?
- She's outgoing and very athletic.
- Really? What sports does she like playing?
- She's a great tennis player and also goes bicycling a lot.
- What does she look like?
- She's kind of exotic looking. She's got long dark hair and piercing black eyes. People think she is rather beautiful.
- Do you think she would like to meet Rich?
- Sure! Why don't we hook them up?
- Great idea!
to be like (character description)
to like doing (general preferences)
would like to do (specific wish)
look like (physical appearance)