Answer the following questions about Christmas based on the reading comprehension about Christmas Traditions. Each question has only one correct answer.
Visit http://esl.about.com for more practice quizzes, as well as study sheets and information on grammar, vocabulary, listening, reading and writing.
What does the word 'Christmas' mean?
- Christ's Mass
- Many Christians
- Birth of Jesus
Is Christmas only a religious holiday?
- Yes, it is strictly a religious holiday.
- No, it is based on religious traditions, but there are also other traditions.
- No, it is strictly a non-religious fun holiday.
Which is NOT a reason for Christmas' popularity?
- It is celebrated by one of the largest religions worldwide.
- It is an important holiday for business.
- It is a traditional exam period at universities.
Why do people give gifts on Christmas day?
- Christ suggested it.
- The tradition was probably based on the story of the three wise men.
- Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer started the tradition.
Why is there a Christmas Tree?
- It is a tradition introduced by the American Indians.
- The pilgrims brought the tradition with them from England.
- It is a tradition begun in Germany.