Visit http://esl.about.com for more practice quizzes, as well as study sheets and information on grammar, vocabulary, listening, reading and writing.
How many reindeer pull Santa Claus' sleigh?
Why are there stockings hung by the fire?
- as a decoration
- to receive presents from Santa Claus
- to keep the children's feet warm
In this story what is "a long winter's nap"?
- sleep for the night
- a 30 minute rest
Why does the author get out of bed?
- to get something to eat
- to check on the noise outside
- to wake the children
What causes so much light outside?
- the reflection of the moon on the snow
- the street lamps
- it is mid-day
Which animals transport Santa?
How do they transport Santa Claus and the sleigh?
- they fly
- they pull the sleigh on the snow
- the sleigh is motor driven
What does Santa have in his bag?
- toys for the children
What kind of figure does Santa have?
Is Santa a smoker?
What does Santa say to the author?
- he wants to know how the author is
- he wants to know about the children
How does he tell the author not to worry?
- with a wink of his eye
- he gives the thumbs up sign
- he tells him not to worry
What is Santa's work?
- cleaning the chimney
- bringing presents to little children
- bringing the Christmas tree
What is the last thing Santa shouts?
- Happy New Year
- Merry Christmas