Choose the correct answer or phrase to fill in the blank. Each question has only one correct answer.
Visit http://esl.about.com for more practice quizzes, as well as study sheets and information on grammar, vocabulary, listening, reading and writing.
What's Peter having problems with?
- Hooking up his new computer
- Unplugging his new computer
- Installing his new computer
Why does he ask Jack for help?
- He knows Jack is friendly.
- He knows Jack is a geek.
- He knows Jack can't say no.
Which piece of hardware does Peter not mention hooking up?
What does Jack suggest Peter install?
- Drivers for the keyboard, mouse and printer
- A new browser
- A new hard drive
Which statement is true according to Jack?
- The computer won't boot up without the new drivers.
- The computer will boot up and new drivers won't help.
- The computer will boot up, but new drivers will help.
Which component does Peter not recognize?
- The printer
- The memory reader
- The cable modem
What does Jack think of the system?
- He thinks it's too small.
- He thinks it's nice.
- He thinks it's cheap.
Which hardware is required to get online?
- A cable modem and Ethernet cable
- A cable modem and printer
- A cable modem and SD card
Which software do they need to surf the internet?
- A word processor
- A browser
- An SD card
What does Jack understand in the end?
- That Peter is an expert as using computers
- That he's going to need to stay a long time to help Peter
- That he should be done soon
Original Quiz with Answers at: http://esl.about.com/od/intermediatereading/a/d_hookup.htm