Choose the correct answer or phrase to fill in the blank. Each question has only one correct answer.
Visit http://esl.about.com for more practice quizzes, as well as study sheets and information on grammar, vocabulary, listening, reading and writing.
Why is Peter unhappy?
- He's not feeling very well because he has a touch of the flu.
- He's quit his job.
- He's lost his job.
What has he been doing lately?
- He's been working at a job he doesn't like.
- He's been looking for a new job.
- He's been studying at a new work group.
What does Susan think about his quitting?
- That it was a good idea.
- That it wasn't very wise.
- That he made a great choice.
What reason did Peter NOT state for leaving the job?
- His boss was treating him badly.
- There was little chance for advancement.
- The pay was too low.
Why doesn't Peter like the jobs he's found online?
- Because they pay poorly.
- Because they don't exist.
- Because they often involve moving to another city.
How many jobs has he interviewed for?
- For twenty
- For two
- For none
Which suggestion does Mark make?
- Visiting other friends at their jobs
- Looking for work in another city
- Going to networking groups
What step is Peter taking today to getting a new job?
- He's interviewing with Mark.
- He's shopping for a new suit.
- He's writing up his resume.
What has Peter not yet done to help him find a job?
- Sending his resume
- Taking job interviews
- Visiting networking groups
Why does Peter need a new suit?
- To cheer him up
- To make a good impression at job interviews
- To impress his girlfriend Susan
Original Quiz with Answers at: http://esl.about.com/od/intermediatereading/a/d_report.htm