Choose the correct answer or phrase to fill in the blank. Each question has only one correct answer.
Visit http://esl.about.com for more practice quizzes, as well as study sheets and information on grammar, vocabulary, listening, reading and writing.
What do they think about the weather?
- It's beautiful.
- It's terrible.
- It's snowing.
What does Martha have to share?
- News that she's going to get married.
- News that she's going to have a party.
- News that she's going to have a baby.
What are Peter and Mark going to do?
- They're going to cook lasagna.
- They're going to help with the cooking.
- They're going to come dressed as clowns.
What does Jane offer to do?
- She says she'll help cook.
- She says she'll come dressed as a clown.
- She says she'll speak Italian with her cousins.
How does Jane react to the news about the Italian cousins?
- She's happy they'll taste her lasagna.
- She's afraid they won't understand English.
- She's says she'll bake a cake instead of lasagna.
What special plan is there?
- Martha's going to have a clown.
- Martha's going to make an announcement.
- Martha's going to have a themed party.
Why does Martha want a clown?
- She wanted a clown as a child, so now she's going to have one.
- She hates clowns.
- Because the clown goes well with the theme of the party.
Does Martha know exactly how many people are going to come?
- Yes, she does.
- No, she doesn't.
How does Jane think people will react to the clown?
- She thinks they'll hate it.
- She thinks they'll love it.
- She thinks they'll have a good laugh.
Is there a theme for the party?
- Yes, there is.
- No, there isn't.
Original Quiz with Answers at: http://esl.about.com/od/beginningreadingskills/a/d_party.htm