This quiz is for in-class use and does not have the answers provided. Take the interactive version of the Social Networking Sites Quiz for correct answers and results.
Choose the correct answer or phrase to fill in the blank. Each question has only one correct answer.
Visit http://esl.about.com for more practice quizzes, as well as study sheets and information on grammar, vocabulary, listening, reading and writing.
Which social networking site was not mentioned in the reading?
What is Facebook?
- A blog
- A content site
- A social networking site
Where is Orkut especially popular?
- In Japan
- In South Korea
- In Brazil
Which phrase best describes what people do at social networking sites?
- They interact with other people.
- They browse articles and other content.
- They code pages in HTML.
Social networks are considered:
- Web 1.0 sites
- Web 2.0 sites
- Web blogs
What was the original web mainly used for?
- Interacting with other people
- Browsing content
- Creating pages in HTML
Why didn't many people create web pages in the beginning?
- They didn't like communicating with others.
- They didn't feel comfortable coding HTML pages.
- They didn't know they could create web pages.
Which is the best description of web 2.0 sites?
- They are content driven sites.
- They are platforms for interaction.
- They are like blogs, but better.
What do web 2.0 sites rely on?
- Articles written by professional journalists
- Users creating content
- Fast internet connections
What is most important for these new sites?
- Users' desire to communicate with each other
- Users' desire to read interesting content written by professionals
- Users' desire to learn coding
Original Quiz with Answers at: http://esl.about.com/od/readingintermediate/a/r_social.htm