Choose the appropriate 'pair phrase' to complete the sentence.
ins and outs
cloak and dagger
spick and span
up and about
ups and downs
song and dance
collar and tie
pins and needles
sick and tired
bits and bobs
1. I love reading suspensful ________________ novels.
2. When I called the computer company all I got was a __________________. The problem wasn't resolved.
3. She's _________________ of her boss. I think she's looking for a new job.
4. As soon as you learn the ______________ of the business, you'll be very successful.
5. I keep all the _____________ in that drawer over there.
6. Don't worry, you'll be _____________ within 10 days.
7. It's a formal dinner, very much a _____________ affair.
8. He likes to keep his house _____________.
9. Of course all marriages have their ______________, but they are worth the effort.
10. I'm sitting on ______________ about this job interview next week. I'm so nervous!