This quiz is for in-class use and does not have the answers provided. Take the interactive version of the Phrasal Verbs with Take Quiz for correct answers and results.
Choose the correct letter corresponding to the synonym of the phrasal verb beginning with "take".
1. Jack took away the plates and brought us the second course.
2. Let me take you around the office.
3. He took his Christmas present back to Macy's.
4. I can't believe how easy it is to take him in!
5. He's really starting to take to Sheila.
6. I think I'll take up golf this year.
- begin a new activity
- pick up
- continue doing
7. I'd love to take in a good movie tonight.
8. The mob wants to take Tony out!
- give a job
- go on a date