This quiz is for in-class use and does not have the answers provided. Take the interactive version of the Phrasal Verbs with Take Quiz for correct answers and results.
Choose the correct letter corresponding to the synonym of the phrasal verb beginning with "take".
1. She takes after her father.
- inherit character
- stay with
2. They took apart the Dolphins last week.
- beat easily
3. Has he taken off work recently?
- have a holiday
- be late
4. He'll never take what he said back.
- admit being wrong
5. I had to take Tim aside.
- speak to privately
- give a prize
6. His took over the company with 400,000 shares.
- win control of
7. He took Sharon out last week.
- joke with
8. Be careful about what you say. He may take you apart.
- make fun of
- criticize strongly