The Bottom Line
- Translates or provides definition from any desktop application
- Translations into 17 languages
- Babylon translates by clicking on a word - no need to cut and paste
- Provides additional content from Wikipedia, Encyclopedia Britannica and Oxford Dictionary
- Writing Tools for English
- You can't take it with you to class - unless you take your laptop to class!
- Simple, single click activation provides quick access to all dictionary and translation needs.
- Single click can be used with a wide variety of standard programs such as: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Small window opens in program providing information required without blocking work area.
- Pronunciation icon is always available for help on correct pronunciation.
- Its translation and dictionary software offers results from a database of 1,200 sources in 50 languages.
- Extremely adaptable, Babylon provides the ability to add on encyclopedia content, specialist dictionaries.
- More than 1,200(!) free dictionaries and encyclopedias can be added on to the program.
- Babylon translates full texts into 17 languages.
- The program also provides additional user tools for writing in English.
Guide Review - Dictionary Review - Babylon - translation @ a click
Babylon goes much farther than any ordinary dictionary. It provides a translation engine for full texts in 17 languages, pronunciation examples at a click, the possibility of related encyclopedia and thesaurus entries, currency, unit conversions and much more.
For some users, the price tag might be a bit high (around $70). However, for anyone who loves - or needs - to study and work on a computer, there simply is no better dictionary available.