Put each of the following verbs, remembering to conjugate, in the correct gap. Some verbs are used more than once.
drop, kiss, blow, hold, climb, kick, hit, stare, blow, bite
- Tom is really trying hard to _____ his smoking habit.
- The stock market crashed so I guess I can _____ my profit goodbye.
- When you get to Japan, make sure to _____ me a line and let me know how you are doing.
- Jack was _____ the wall with impatience.
- I wish the boss would _____ off on his demands.
- Peter's father _____ his lid when he heard about his poor grades.
- Have you seen Mary's new computer? She must have _____ a bundle!
- The next time Jim offends you, just _____ him down and he will probably leave you in peace.
- Don't complain about your boss! You should never _____ the hand that feeds you.
- I'm so depressed. I think that I've truly _____ bottom this time.
- It's time to _____ the bullet and start studying for the exam.
- If you want him to buy you a new car, why don't you _____ a hint?
Check your answers on the answer and definitions page.