Put each of the following verbs, remembering to conjugate, in the correct gap. Some verbs are used more than once.
crunch, hit, hold, run, feel, keep, bend, give, kill, stand
- He _____ over backwards to help Bob find a new job.
- Luckily, Jane _____ up for me when the teacher accused me of cheating.
- I'm afraid I can't make it today. Can I _____ you a rain check?
- If we go shopping on our way home from the lecture, we can _____ two birds with one stone.
- I _____ the roof when my son told me he was going to get married at the age of 17!
- We _____ time by playing some video games.
- I tried to _____ abreast of the situation in my home town.
- Bye! I've got to _____ the books because I have a test tomorrow.
- I was just _____ the numbers and I'm afraid we don't have enough money.
- I have to go to the supermarket. It looks like we are _____ out of food.
- I was _____ out of my mind thinking about what could have happened to Tom.
- I went over to Nancy's house to _____ her company.
Check your answers on the answer and definitions page.