|Mixed Phrasal Verbs #1|
This quiz is for in-class use and does not have the answers provided. Take the interactive version of the Mixed Phrasal Verbs Quiz for correct answers and results.
Choose the word or phrase that means the same as the phrasal verb used.
1. He has gone through a lot over the past two years.
- has experienced
- has traveled
- has done
2. He mustered up enough to go to the horror film.
- have good grades
- gather courage
- make money
3. He gobbled up the turkey before I could have any.
- threw away
- finished eating
4. He is going to have to face up to his past.
5. I would appreciate it if you could stick up for me the next time we see your mother.
- help with the work
6. Let's put off that meeting to next Monday.
7. Let's put David down. It'll be fun.
8. I have a great program that weeds out unwanted files.