This is the third of a series of worksheets that encourage beginning level students to review what they have studied over the course of the past few months. Separate students into small groups of three or four students and have them take the quiz together, encouraging them to discuss the grammar points in depth.
Aim: Grammar review of the most important intermediate level English tenses, structure and functions
Activity: Grammar banging multiple choice review lesson with each question focusing on a specific point
- This is straight-forward stuff. Make the copies and give them to the students.
- Have each student do the sheet by him/herself.
- Ask students to compare answers and discuss differences, each student trying to explain his/her choice.
- Correct sheet as a class. Review each grammar point quickly - you should get a lot of "Oh, yeah....".
- Give the students an unmarked copy of the same exercise to repeat at home to solidify the review exercise.
"Grammar Banging" - Review your English - 3
Choose the correct word to fill in the gap
- He is a very _________ driver.
A) carefully B) careful C) care
- He ___________ visit his brother next week.
A) is going to B) will C) is
- I'm going to Seattle ______ English.
A) for learning B) to learn C) for to learn
- What __________________! Look at that mess!
A) do you do B) is you do C) are you doing
- He enjoys __________ football.
A) to play B) play C) playing
- Paris is _______________ city I have ever visited.
A) the beautifulest B) the most beautiful C) most beautiful
- Today is __________ than yesterday.
A) hoter B) more hot C) hotter
- Jack is a ________ tennis player than Peter.
A) gooder B) better C) badder
- I'm going home ______ it's late.
A) why B) that C) because
- _________ 'The Sting'?
A) Did you ever see B) Have you ever seen C) Have you ever see
Back to lessons resource page