Learning English is the key to success for many around the world. This site provides extensive resources to learn English online for beginning through advanced levels. Resources include grammar explanations, vocabulary reference pages, quiz sheets, pronunciation help, and listening and reading comprehension strategies.
Learn English Online
These pages provide tips on how to learn English online, as well as free e-mail courses the will help you learn English:
- Free e-mail courses to learn English grammar, vocabulary, provide tips and teaching techniques
- How to learn English via the internet
Learn English by Level
If you know your English level, it's helpful to learn English by visiting the category pages for each level. Each category provides grammar, vocabulary, listening, reading and writing help to learn English appropriate for that level.
- Learn English for Beginning Level Learners
- Learn English for Intermediate Level Learners
- Learn English for Advanced Level Learners
Learn English Grammar
If you are interested in focusing on grammar, these pages are excellent starting points to learn English grammar rules and structures.
- Grammar Resources
- Learn English Tenses - Visual Tenses Timeline
- Learn English Grammar Terminology
- Guide to Verb Structures and Patterns
- Tenses Overview
- Teaching Grammar in an ESL / EFL Setting
Learn English Vocabulary
It's important to know a wide range of English vocabulary in order to express yourself well. These vocabulary resources provide a wide range of materials to learn English vocabulary.
- 1000 Most Commonly Used Words in English
- Visual Dictionary - FoodLearn English through pictures - One of many visual dictionaries on the site.
- 850 Key Words for English Fluency
- Learn English Commonly Confused Words
- Learn English Idioms and Expressions
Learn English Speaking Skills
Most English learners want to speak English well in order to communicate at work, in their free time and on the internet. These resources provide help on improving pronunciation and strategies to speak English well.
- Learn English Conversations Style
- Learn English Pronunciation
- Learn English Small Talk Topics
- Learn English Word Stress Patterns
- Speaking Strategies for English Learners
- Learn English Pronunciation
Learn English Listening Skills
Understanding spoken English is key to participating in English conversations. These resources provide listening comprehension practice and tips on understanding spoken English.
- Intonation and Stress: Key to Understanding
- Listening Skills
- Listening Quizzes to Practice
- Beginning Level Listening Quizzes
- Intermediate Level Listening Quizzes
- Advanced Level Listening Quizzes
Learn English Reading Skills
Reading English is easier than ever before with access to the internet. These reading English learning resources will help you improve your reading comprehension technique.
- Learn English Reading Skills
- Learn English to Understand Newspaper Headlines
- Learn English through Beginning Level Reading Quizzes
- Learn English through Intermediate Level Reading Quizzes
- Learn English through Advanced Level Reading Quizzes
Learn English Writing Style
Writing English is especially important for those who learn English for work. These writing resources will help you learn English while you develop important skills such as writing formal and informal letters, writing your resume and cover letters and more.