The Bottom Line
- Provides bilingual assessment in a number of languages
- Standardized tool to English assessment
- Tests wide range of English skills and language proficiency from beginner to advanced
- Reasonably short testing time
- Can be used in both private and public sector for a wide range of purposes
- May be considered dry and academic by test takers
- Requires an audio-visual setup in a classroom setting
- Requires manual correction of test-takers answer page
- Standardized battery of tests that can be administered in a number of private and public settings.
- Helps determine key language issues such as: Point of bilinguality, language weak and strong points.
- Provides tool for program placement in both school and for employers.
- Means for non-speakers to test the level of language abilities in languages other than English.
Guide Review - Battery of Tests - English Assessment Tool
The Battery of Tests appears to be quite useful to institutions who need accurate assessments of multi-language speakers. It certainly can provide a bench-mark for evaluating students as well as employees in-house in quite a number of languages. Being an assessment test, it is rather dry and unappealing necessitating users to make clear to test-takers the importance of results.
The Battery of Tests is a useful tool for those who require an off-the-shelf standardized language competency tool.