The Bottom Line
- Covers all necessary basics for teaching English
- Provides excellent practice exercises with plenty of examples
- Deals with key issues effectively
- Provides a wide range of activities and resources you can use in class
- Reviews basic grammar to help new teachers brush-up grammar concepts
- Online version of certificate provides no possibility for in-class practice
- Resources for getting a job limited
- Provides information on student motivation and what makes a successful language teacher.
- Provides a useful overview of teaching techniques.
- Excellent grammar review module for those of use who need to brush up our grammar skills.
- Each course is tutored so there is plenty of feedback on assignments.
- Many examples provided including lesson plan outlines.
Guide Review - Online English Teaching Certification
This course is ideal for those who haven't studied education, but would like to teach abroad. It has an excellent module that helps you review all your basic grammar skills - to help you remember what we call the various tenses, phrases, etc.
I was particularly impressed with how the issue of understanding students was addressed. The first module begins with student motivation and each module continues to build on helping students become competent using English.
The only disappointment was the last module. I expected to find extensive resources on finding work as a teacher, but only found a basic outline on general issues.
Finally, Online TEFL also offers a combined 80-hr Weekend & Online TEFL Diploma which includes an interactive weekend course in various cities around the world.