This quiz is for in-class use and does not have the answers provided. Take the interactive version of the Conditional Forms Quiz for correct answers and results.
Conditional Grammar Quiz - Conditional 0, 1, 2, and 3 Mixed
Visit http://esl.about.com for more practice quizzes, as well as study sheets and information on grammar, vocabulary, listening, reading and writing.
Choose the phrase which best completes the conditional statement.
1. If he comes,
- we will go to lunch.
- we would go to lunch.
- we went to lunch.
2. I would buy a new house
- if I have a lot of money.
- if I win the lottery.
- if I inherited a million dollars.
3. If she misses the bus,
- I take her to school by car.
- I would take her to school by car.
- she have to walk.
4. If I had known you were in town,
- I would buy you some flowers!
- I would have bought you some flowers.
- I will buy you some flowers.
5. If he studies a lot,
- he might pass the exam.
- he would pass the exam.
- he is going to pass the exam.
6. I would get a new job
- if I was you.
- if I am you.
- if I were you.
7. He will surely fail his exams
- if he not work harder.
- unless he begins to study.
- if he weren't serious.
8. She would live in New York now
- if she stays.
- if she had stayed.
- if she was to stay.
9. They would have bought that new car
- if they had had the money.
- if they had the money.
- if they were having the money.