The Bottom Line
TeLL me More® Premium is the best all-around English learning product on the market. Its speech recognition is superb, making it one of the only products that can truly help with pronunciation skills. It is rather expensive. However, the fact that TeLL me More® Premium takes learners from absolute beginner
to advanced level makes it well worth the price for truly dedicated English learners.
- All-in-one package takes the learner from absolute beginner to advanced level
- Speech Recognition works extremely well
- Best available software on the market for interactive pronunciation practice
- Contextual grammar explanations easily accessible from each exercise
- Interactive dialogues are different each and every time depending on student response
- Too expensive for many learners
- Some bugs in correction
- Advanced level dialogues seemed rather weak
- Complete, all level package helping with reading, writing, litening, pronunciation and conversation.
- Task based approach focuses on learning through context - However, grammar is certainly not ignored.
- Program contains a vast amount of learning material.
- Flash-based interface works very well.
- Speech recognition software allows unique "conversations" concerning various themes.
- Pronunciation help is first class with a number of different exercises.
Guide Review - English Learning Software - Review of TeLL me More® Premium
This package, while expensive, provides everything you need to learn English. The program goes from beginner to advanced level and has over 850 hours of learning content. TeLL me More® Premium takes a theme based approach to English learning. The "Lesson Workshop" makes up the core of each lesson and introduces through a question and answer dialogue. This makes up what I like best: the speech recognition is outstanding. After each question is asked, the student responds choosing a displayed option. This phrase is recognized and takes the discussion onto the next question. By responding in different manners, the student can practice a wide variety of appropriate responses and each conversation is different.